A blog written by Manchester College students studying the 2008 presidential campaign.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Palin is Here to Stay

Whether or not John McCain and Sarah Palin win the upcoming election, I believe Sarah Palin is going to be a new political fixture in Washington politics. If McCain and Sarah fail to beat Obama, this will not be the last time we see Palin running in a Presidential election. She has gained a huge fan base during the campaign, one that can be utilized in future elections. Palin has presented herself as a reformer and someone who will fight against a corrupt Washington. She also has a record of working with both sides of aisle and not always doing what is best for her party, but what was best for her state. Until the next election, Palin will have time to better establish her self in politics and become a little less green on certain topics, such as foreign policy. If Palin loses next week, I would suggest Palin running for a Senate seat in Alaska, to better understand how the legislative process works. Palin has already shown her ability to win an election by beating the incumbent governor of Alaska, Frank Murkowski. I think in the future, Palin will be a political force for the Republicans.

4 comments:

burtongolf1 said...

I could not disagree more. The McCain campaign took a popular state governor and have totally ruined her just because they thought that she would benefit John McCain. They wanted to get women voter and the far right? It didn't seem to work. I think she really has no future after this. I maybe wrong.

jbhawkins said...

I think it all depends on how she responds to the criticism she has received. If they lose, and she spends the next four years increasing her knowledge and ability to speak without isolating people, she could have a great chance of coming back in 2012. But, I think it hangs on whether or not she considers her negative critiques as something she should work on, or something to be chalked up to liberal media. Only time will tell, but I think if you team her up with someone who is more in the middle than John McCain, and she has a few more years to learn how to relate to the whole US, I think there is a chance we could see her in the future.

Mary Cox said...

I think Palin in presidential politics is over if she and McCain do not win this election. That's not to bar other political avenues; however, more and more people are talking about the possibility of her becoming a talk show host. I think something along those lines is more likely.http://www.nationalpost.com/arts/story.html?id=906357

Adam VanZile said...

I think Palin is finished after this election if the McCain campaign does not win. At the best, I could see her gaining a spot in the senate but not president. Some republican's continue to talk about her greatness and bright future; however I completely fail to see anything positive about her. In my eyes, she has been a failure to the McCain campaign from day one. I find the possibility of her running for president in the future to be terrifying.