A blog written by Manchester College students studying the 2008 presidential campaign.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Obama and the non-citizen arguments

This is a somewhat abnormal post. I am asking for assistance. I have only found two types of articles relating to Obama and his birth certificate. Sites talking about him not releasing his official birth certificate and how the one listed on fight the smears is a fake, and those that say it is simply not true with no evidence other than that statement. The reputable source I found supporting Obama was the Washington Post, but in the article it only linked the fight the smears website which is put up by the Obama campaign. Can anyone direct me to a legitimate website which proves that the picture of the birth certificate is a legit one, or explaining why Obama has not allowed a copy of the original to be viewed by the public? I would like to know why he hasn't made a point of officially unsealing the birth certificate. Why allow it to be an issue? Or have I simply not found updated material that gives the truth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See the piece in FactCheck.org. Here's the URL http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html.

jbhawkins said...

Thank you for this link. It seemed foolish to me that something so simple would go un-resolved.