A blog written by Manchester College students studying the 2008 presidential campaign.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Obama's Website

Through this whole experience with this class and doing blogs, I have actually come to find that I have learned a lot. Even people around me that I speak with almost on a daily basis have given their imput on how much I have come from before I started with this class. Just from this class I am now able to have an opinion on the election, and it really feels good. My blog for this week is about the websites of the candidates. I have visited both candidates websites, and honestly but have honestly only really been able to focus on one...and that is Obamas. The functions of a candidates website are to affect visitor opinions, a means of fundraising, and a means of developing a body of candidate volunteers. When I first go onto Obama's website, the first thing that catches my eye, is saying "5 Things you can do to Volunteer." This right of the bat is performing one of the functions of a candidate's website. I also like how it goes nice and neat, and really is informative for visitors. I think that the Obama website can affect visitor opinions because when you visit the site, everything is laid out and easy to get to and read. I actually think that it shows a little bit about how Obama would run the country. He will lay it out on the table, and not hide anything. I think as time goes on the use of the internet will increase even more in the time of elections. People will be developing even crazier things and ways people can add this into their actual campaign.

2 comments:

Jason Adams said...

How do you feel about the issue of trustworthiness. The candidates' websites are not regulated by campaign finance, as well as e-mails and web ads. As more people look to these websites for primary information, don't you feel the messages should be regulated?

Heather said...

I also feel Obama's website is very well done and if I wanted to volunteer or know what his views are all of it is out there for me to view. I also love that his website looks at Smears and tells the truth about the Smears because I hate being lied to so the truth is good to find. Yes I know the Smears is run by an Obama website but there are references and sources they put up so they are not just gettin the info from just anywhere. I totally agree with you the website is great and now there is a tax calculator on it which gives you an idea of how much you would be getting back on Obama's tax plan versus McCain's tax plan.