A blog written by Manchester College students studying the 2008 presidential campaign.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting Lines

This morning I arrived at Maple Park here in town to vote because I am from town and that is where I have always gone. This year the line was already 20 people long when i arrived to vote at 5:45 a.m. I waited for about 20 minutes to vote and when I left there was about 50 people behind me. I could not believe how many people from this little town were there by 6:30 this morning just at this one polling place. My parents who voted around noon waited for about 50 minutes before they actually voted. They have lived here for more than 40 years and have never had to wait more than 10 minutes to vote. EVER! If it is this busy in a town of six thousand imagine what the lines look like around the big cities of the United States.

No comments: