A blog written by Manchester College students studying the 2008 presidential campaign.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Candidate Websites

Candidate websites, in my opinion, are some of the most effective means to persuade voters to vote for a particular candidate. The website contains all aspects of the candidate's campaign effort, from TV ads to volunteer information. The websites also specifically detail the candidates' plan to handle all issues from economics to health care. Is it possible that the web will replace more traditional means of persuasion such as TV, direct mail, and phone calls? It's not likely. However, it is, in my opinion, a more effective way to persuade than most of the mediums we have.

2 comments:

burtongolf1 said...

I agree but at the same time I believe tv ads will always have a dominant role to play for many years to come. I do believe the internet sites are still growing.

jbhawkins said...

I agree with the TV ads as the dominant role in advertising. I also think it is important to remember who looks at the websites. Primarily, people who go to the candidates websites are searching for information themselves instead of having it fed to them. The majority of Americans don't look at the candidates website unless they are for that candidate. They look at middle to their slant, and then form their opinion.