A blog written by Manchester College students studying the 2008 presidential campaign.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Obama and Biden buzz

First of all I would like to take a minute and say that this election is an historical election. I have been following the campaigns this summer and actually got to see Obama in Elkhart In. Have you ever seen magazine covers of presidential nominees on PEOPLE or other magazines like US. I work at Wal-Mart and see these magazine covers and I have seen more of Obama then McCain. Recently I saw McCain's whole family on a PEOPLE magazine. I don't remember ever having presidental nominees on these magazines.
I also want to talk about the bobbleheads that are being sold. Have we had this before in any other election. There is one of McCain and three different ones of Sarah Palin, one as a mother, one with her and a gun, and one as a governer, and there is one of Obama and none of Biden which I thought was weird.
Many of the newpapers I have read are really looking into Palin. My Sunday paper only had a story about Obama and a waffle makeover which was Obama as like a Aunt Jemima on waffle mix which some people found offensive and they had to quit selling the product. I personally don't find this at all funny. He also had an Arab headress on on the box. I think it is uncalled for and it will dissude some voters who believe in the rumors that Obama is a muslim or that Obama and Oprah are going to create their own religion. Give me a break!
Obama cares about what people are going though he canceled time at Saturday Night Live to focus on Hurricane recovery of Ike. Obama did say that McCain is out of touch with what is going on in the U.S. People are losing jobs, healthcare and pensions and that it is a quiet storm that McCain is not focusing on.
In my Sunday paper there was an except about Joe Biden's son whom has stppped working as a federal lobbist because it makes his father a target of Republicans. Obama has critised McCain for having lobbists.

No comments: