A blog written by Manchester College students studying the 2008 presidential campaign.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Indiana and Neglection of Obama

I found this quite interesting and thought I would share with everyone. I went birthday card shopping yesterday afternoon for my father. And as I was browsing the card section in CVS, in town here at North Manchester. I stumbled upon a section of birthday cards that were "Election 2008" themed. It intrigued me so I took a gander. I read every card they had there, I believe there were like 12 or so. And I was a little upset. The cards were humorous yes and I was going to purchase one for my father, but then realized that it would have offended him. I am from IL, so therefore you probably realize right off the bat how Democratic my state is, and therefore my father most likely would vote Democrat as well. Well, every single card that was being sold was of Republican views and were related to McCain. I was upset at the fact that not a single card, nope not even one had the theme of Democrats or Obama. The color schemes were patriotic, but I felt like they should have equally represented both sides, even though IN is predominantly a Republican state. There are still people that reside in IN that support Democratic views.

No comments: