A blog written by Manchester College students studying the 2008 presidential campaign.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Presidential Debate

The article I was looking at is for Wed. after the debate took place. McCain defiantely went after Obama in this debate, which is what we talked about in class. I also believe there should be respect coming from both candidates and I felt less respect was given to Obama especially when McCain called Obama "that one" when referring to him. I felt that was uncalled for. I also noticed that McCain still did the blinking thing. Does he wear contacts? I also got annoyed with the "my friend" line. I'm also annoyed that McCain says that he would not telegraph his punshes when it came to war. Well Obama needs to let Americans know what is coming up and how to get Bin Laden. If you talk to most of the people on the streets they want Bin Laden they don't want to fight an endless war that we are supposively winning. I also got a little concerned when McCain said he would do anything for his troops but I have not heard how he is going to help soilder whom come back with PTSD. Mental illness is a serious problem in soilders that come home and many are not helped and they commit suicide. McCain went throught some serious stuff which makes me think not all soilders can cope with war like him and I wish he would realize that.
I liked that this debate had audience members and web users ask the questions but I still would have liked to hear more of how they are going to fix certain issues but the economy is bombarding these canadidates talking mainly about the economy. Another thing I want to talk about what's with all this Maverick business? It makes no sense to me, what is a Maverick anyway?
I also was concerned that McCain said that "My friends, we are not going to be able to provide the same benefits for presant day workers that presant retirees have today" He did not elaborate on this. It seems like generation after generation has to pay for past generations deeds. There were some white lies in the debate by both canidates but three came from McCain two from Obama. I know some mistakes can happen but voters are going to look at this. Overall I felt Obama had the upper hand in this debate. I thought he related to the voters and at the end stayed and talked, took pictures, autographs, and laughing with voters. I was watching the end credits and I was like were is McCain?

No comments: