A blog written by Manchester College students studying the 2008 presidential campaign.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Campaign experience

This years election was an exciting and interesting to follow. The thing I found the most interesting was the affect of the media on the campaign. Proir to this election I never realized the cost of a presidental campaign. A large part of the presidental camgaign funding goes tv advertisment.
TV advertising is able to reach a large number of people, or a target group of people. I also found it interesting how the adds change during the campaign process. At the beginging they are value laiden and issue orienanted. As it gets closer to election time the adds change to a more negative theme showing weaknesses of the candidates. I also noticed that people in general do not like the negative adds.
Overall I have enjoyed following this election. It has been interesting and I have learned a lot that I previously did not know.

No comments: